My friendly blogging community has nominated me for a couple of awards (much to my surprise) and I thought today was just the right day to post about them. The first is the Kreativ Blogger Award, which I was nominated for by domesticbubblewriter.
Now I am supposed to tell you ten things about myself which you probably don’t know (should be easy, since my “About” section is rather sparse)
1. I am ambidextrous. I write with my left hand, and cut and bowl with my right. For some reason it freaks people out when I am eating and my fork keeps switching hands.
2. As a child, I started a relatively lucrative custom-friendship-bracelet business.
3. I hate How I Met Your Mother
4. I love Labyrinth
5. My sister is still angry at me for sitting on a stuffed unicorn she had when I was four and she was fourteen (the stuffing gave out and its back went all slumpy). She is now thirty-six.
6. I once tutored a friend from choir in the nuances of boy bands (the notable differences between ‘NSync, The Backstreet Boys, and 98 Degrees) so that he could win the heart of a pink-backpack-toting sophomore.
7. I have been to sixteen of the fifty United States.
8. I love roller-coasters, and most of my vacation plans involve riding new ones. Currently in the works: a trip to Dollywood in Tennessee (State 17), and Cedar Point Park in Sandusky, Ohio (18).
9. I studied abroad in France, and my favorite part of the trip was Heathrow Airport in London. So clean! So efficient! Lots of signs, all correct!!
10. As a child, I watched sitcoms instead of cartoons. Night Court, Designing Women, and Wings were some of my favorites.
My nominees for the Kreativ Blogger Award (I will post the rules in my About section):
Weirded out yet? No? Good! There’s more to come! I was also nominated for The Sunshine Blog award by Mookology at mookology, a great blog that reviews films adapted from novels.Perfect award for a perfect Spring day.
Time for more random facts about me, these ones mostly on the subject of things I like.
- Favorite color: Green. I determined this on Favorites Day in third grade, by dumping out my box of crayons and using the process of elimination.
- Favorite animal:Giraffes, elephants, and snowy owls. Giraffes are tall like me, owls nocturnal, and elephants are my spirit animal (according to an internet quiz). My chinchilla is gumpy to be left out, that old grumplepuff.
- Favorite number: 4
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Dr. Pepper, Mint and Honey SweetLeaf Tea
- Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, Twitter just strikes me as grotesquely narcissistic. I have never used it, but I guess I should get over that if I want to be published.
- My passion: Dance, music, singing, art.
- Prefer Giving or Getting presents: Giving! I love to give presents, trying to find the exact thing someone will love and didn’t even know they wanted. I feel very awkward getting presents because people are always watching to see how you react.
- Favorite pattern: I love polka dots and atomic patterns from the fifties/early sixties.
- Favorite day of the week: Wednesday aka: Humpday. It means the week is halfway over! (this answer is completely copied from Mookology, because it would be both my choice and my rationale)
- Favorite flower: Yellow tulips and sunflowers.
My Ten Nominees for The Sunshine Blog Award
1. Listful Thinking 2. domesticbubblewriter 3. damihjva 4. S.F. Bay Arts 5. Words on Words (YA author Maggie Stiefvater’s blog) 6. John of the Dead’s Horror Flick Reviews 7. Jennifer M. Eaton 8. Tom & Lorenzo 9. biblioklept 10. Jamie Ayres